The essential news about content management systems and mobile technology.
Powered by Joocial, XT Search for Algolia, and SlimApps.

JED Team Meeting

Today the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met at 4 pm GMT via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks.

  • In attendance: Jaz Parkyn, Anibal Sanchez, Hugh Douglas-Smith and Luca Marzo.

  • Absent: Daniel Dubois, Dénes Székely, Darek Śnieg (On leave), Mark Lee, Markus Bopp, Martin Mueller, Miron Savan, Paul Franklin, Troy Hall and Sotiris Katsaniotis.


Read more


  1. Site development update
  2. Submission review status

Production progress

  • All the directory categories and fields are in place. Configuration is next (filters, linked fields, validation rules, etc.)
  • Integration and mobile app development has been added as possible categories for consideration. All other categories remain from current site. 
  • After conversation with other Joomla teams, there is some consensus to use RS Tickets.


  • One submission awaiting review, submitted July 3, 2018
  • 413 approved listings

On the call:

  1. Brian
  2. Karen
  3. Deb

Next meeting:

July 17, 2018

Read more

Open Source Matters, Inc.
Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: June 28, 2018
Time: 18:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 50 minutes


Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Alexander Metzler (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Carlos Cámara Mora (Director), George Wilson (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director).


Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), Sandra Decoux (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director).


Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall served as proxy for Hugh Douglas-Smith.
Luca Marzo served as proxy for Sandra Decoux.

Discussion outline


  • Rowan shared the progress on Work Packages after the meeting in London with Marco Dings,


Read more

The Joomla 4 Template Team had a meeting Wednesday 27th June 2018. In attendence was Elisa, Ciaran, Dimitris, Rick and George.

It was noted the great work Elisa had done since JAB assembling issues in the J4 Template repository for people to do regarding design compliance on specific pages.

We discussed the open Pull Requests to the backend template repository and again resolved to merge the Joomla 4 template repository into the main repository as per our original agreement at JAB.

George will get the repository in sync so that when the system dashboard is complete it can be merged into the main repository.

Ciaran will pick up the implementation of and style it into the designs. If required Dimitris or George will make this into a foreach loop so that it's much easier to style

Rick will work on turning the menus into a


Read more